In honor of our wonderful customers, this year we made our annual non-profit donation to First Refuge Ministries in Sanger. This group’s mission is to be a beacon of hope to the community of Sanger. They provide a food pantry, counseling, and a medical clinic, believing that every person has worth and value. We agree with them and believe that this kind of gift is one that keeps … [Read more...] about First Refuge Ministries
We have a strong tie to the people we live with and serve.
That place in the world which allows us to develop a sense of belonging is our community. Here, we have the opportunity to cultivate life-long friendships and shape the direction our community is headed. At Sanger Insurance, we choose to commit our time, effort and support to our surrounding community and in doing so help make it a great place to live and work.
What each one of us does makes a difference. Throughout the year we strive to give back to our customers, our schools and many who work in our community. When we take time to support and serve our community, we all develop a stronger sense of connection. The following are just a few examples of the ways in which Sanger Insurance strives to make a difference:
- Monetary donations are made throughout the school year to many of our Sanger ISD booster clubs, campuses and individual students needing support for various extracurricular activities. For example, in the past we have sponsored lunch for one of our campuses, delivered cookies to every SISD campus to encourage our teachers and staff and participated in a scavenger hunt for new hires to the district.
- We choose to partnership with and support other local businesses whenever possible when we purchase items for raffles, gifts, donations and marketing materials.
- During our annual summer campaign, Drink Drive, we collect bottled water and sports drinks for our local fire department in order to keep them hydrated and safe.
- Each six weeks during the school year, we recognize and honor four students who exhibit strong character at our Sanger Sixth Grade Center. The students are each given an INDIAN STRONG cinch bag filled with good sixth grade stuff and we’ve also adopted this campus to support its staff during the school year.
- We are a strong supporter of our Sanger Education Foundation. We lend our support throughout the year as well as during the annual SEF Gala. Some on our staff hold leadership roles and others participate in district activities sponsored by the Foundation.
- In many instances, we give back randomly to many of those who work in our community. It may be a trip to the local post office with donuts, thank you bags delivered to the Chamber of Commerce for new Sanger residents, volunteering at a vaccination clinic fundraiser or hosting the Girls Scouts during cookie sales.
- Each fall, we have a food drive where the agency collects canned and packaged goods for our local Sanger Crisis Center, supporting families who need a little extra help during the holiday season.
Sanger Insurance was happy to sponsor the Sanger Education Foundation purple shirt contest again this month and awarded goody bags to five amazing Clear Creek Intermediate third grade teachers (and one bearded dragon). We appreciate our teachers and love giving back to our schools, especially through our local Sanger Education Foundation. … [Read more...] about Sanger Insurance Sponsors the Sanger Education Foundation Purple Shirt Contest
Sanger Insurance “adopted” one of our Sanger ISD schools this year – our Sixth Grade Campus. We are proud of the work their staff is doing in the lives of our students. We said THANK YOU this six week period by giving the campus staff INDIAN STRONG t-shirts. We believe in giving back to our schools so we will also recognize some amazing students from our Sanger 6th Grade Campus … [Read more...] about Sanger Insurance Adopts Sanger ISD 6th Grade Campus
Sanger Insurance collects donations every year during the months of November and December for our local Sanger Bargain Depot – Crisis Center. The food collected goes to local families in need. This year we collected more than in years past. Our local Camp Gladiator collected for us along with many of our customers and all made a huge difference in the amount of food collected. … [Read more...] about Sanger Bargain Depot – Crisis Center
Michelle and Becky had a great time this week volunteering at the Sanger High School Senior Reality Fair. Students were randomly assigned an occupation and salary and were tasked with budgeting housing, food, transportation, insurance, utilities and other discretionary expenses. A few eyes may have been opened during this fair. … [Read more...] about Sanger High School Senior Reality Fair
Once again, during our annual Drink Drive campaign, this year Sanger Insurance collected over 30 cases of sports drinks and bottled water for the Sanger Fire Department. These local heroes need a little extra help staying hydrated during the hot summer months, especially when it is as hot and dry as Summer 2018! You might not know that the Sanger Volunteer Fire Department covers at least a … [Read more...] about Drink Drive 2018